tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 01:09:59 1997

Vancouver Area qepHom

Read to the end for the part in English.

lab jeyD:
> qaqIH vIneH.
maqIHchuq vIneH je.
> Hop 'e' vIyInmo', neHmaHDaq qepHommaj wIghaj vIneH.
maHop'a'?  ghobe'! maSumqu'.  BurnabyDaq SoHtaH, qar'a'?
> nuq DaQub?
pov qechlIj.

> I'm not to sure about the adj. used as verbs. Did I use it right? I
> can never remember what side to put it on.
{Hop 'e' vIyIn} is a complete mess, to be honest.  {yIn} shouldn't
take an object.  I understood it to mean "I live far" but it means
more like "I live that it is far."

Ok, there are now definitely two tlhIngan-Hol listmembers in
the Vancouver area and possibly more lurkers.  I know of two other locals
interested in the language, and jeyD has a sister who is learning.
It *is* time for a qepHom. jeyD suggests a neutral middle ground.  I
suggest my apartment with me meeting you at the transit station,
because my apartment is warm and full of books that will be useful in
our mission.  I also have a VCR and a stereo so we could play
movie or audio tapes, here, too.

Anyone who would come to a one day "tlhIngan-Hol Live" event
somewhere in the Greater Vancouver area, hosted by me and jeyD,
contact one of us.  We'll try to make it worth driving in
from the valley or across the border, and if you don't mind floors
you can spend the night chez Qov.  I was thinking second or third
weekend in January.  I see this as a day spent speaking "in or about
tlhIngan Hol" at whatever level we can communicate.

jeyD, tugh maqIHchuqnIS.  *Metrotown*Daq maghom 'e' vIchup.
*SkyTrain* vIlIghlaH. Duj vIghajbe'.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level