tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 01:09:47 1997

Re: KLBC:'Iw

> Greetings all,
> Just a little bit of my Klingon work for you to read.
> pub 'Iwwij. My blood boils
> 'aDDu'wIjDaq meQ qul. Fire burns in my veins

These are gramatically correct, except for the lower case {I} but remember
that the idiomatic meanings of passion that they carry in English may not
translate into Klingon.

>> jIH tlhopDaq, 'Iw bIQtIqDaq jIlegh.
> In front of me, I see the river of blood

'Iw bIQtIq vIlegh

Your sentence says "In front of me, in the river of blood, I see."
In Klingon (although I know it isn't true in all languages) we know
that the thing seen is the direct object of the verb {legh}.  The
object of a verb doesn't take {-Daq}, and the verb needs a prefix
that shows that object, in this case 3rd person, so {vIlegh}.
>> DaHjaj SuvwI''e' jIH. Today I am a warrior
>> 'Iw bIQtIqDaq jIjaH.
> I travel the river of blood

Right out the book.

> tlhIngan jIH. I am a Klingon