tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 25 14:52:44 1997

Re: batleth (sp?)

ghItlh Qov
>The modern Klingon spelling is {betleH}.  The original Klingon,
>referring to the actual sword of Kahless, is {batlh'etlh} "Sword of
>Honour".  There are numerous canon English spellings, among them
>bet'leth and bat'elth It's a bit like "pyrogie" : you just can't
>spell it wrong because there are so many valid transliterations. :)

Yes... Okrand spelled it consistently throughout TKW as "bat'telh," and
consistently through KGT as "bat'leth."  All through SFAWR HetaQ just gave
"betleH", the most accurate way I'd say.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level