tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 25 11:17:22 1997

VB code for converting text

I have finally gotten around to making myself a dictionary, and I am now
going through the data entry process. The thing is done in Microsoft
Access. I store the word in 3 different text fields: 1 for the word
itself, 1 for the KLI pIqaD font mapping, and 1 for a sort key so
everything winds up in the proper order. The other two fields are
obviously mappings of the first, and I am currently entering them
manually. I am writing code to parse the word and generate the other two
fields, but if anyone else has done the same thing, I'd love to ...
borrow it. I'm not tremendously familiar with Access or VB (VBA, in this
case), so this is turning out to be more time consuming than I had
thought.

pagh

Back to archive top level