tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 22 10:26:55 1997

Re: 'Iv qeylIS betleH chenmoHlu'?

ja' charghwI':
>Well, {ja'chuqlu'} is possible with current grammar, but no
>other prefix will work on it and there can be no object.

[SFX: stretch...stretch...snap!]

I can *almost* wrap my brain around this.  {-chuqlu'} would imply to me that
part of a plural indefinite subject does something to another part of the
plural indefinite subject.  I can manage to see what it's saying, but I can
not quite hold onto it.  It's very, very odd-sounding.  I can't come up with
a simple way to express the idea in English; all I can say is something like
"A telling-each-other occurs."  Its intended meaning is reasonably specific,
but it's hard for me to describe.  "One tells one another" just doesn't do it.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level