tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 21 06:12:33 1997

Klingon has a *very* rich source for its words!

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Alan Anderson wrote:

> ja' QatanI:
> >...Many english words get
> >their root from other languages like french, latin, and the like.  Klingon
> >(in reality) has no such rich source for it's root words.
>
> Think again. :-)  Klingon has a *very* rich source for its words:
> the people who write the scripts for Star Trek.

!!  nuqjatlh!?!?!?

chaq loDnI'wI' Dach ghaHchu' *Alan* 'e'???  *Star Trek Novels* yIlIjQo'!

> ...And it's fun to notice the jokes that went into making words like
> {maHpIn} and {runpI'}.  Often it's painful, but pain can be fun too.

! I'd missed the "runpI'" one!!  It is a good mnemonice too! qatlho'!

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level