tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 21 06:02:40 1997

Re: "The ship in which I fled"

ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
>Since {pa'Daq'e'} is not grammatical, this sentence does not work.

Hmmmm[mmmmm]... It has always seemed to me that {-'e'} was inappropriately
made as a Type 5 noun suffix.  After all, the introductory part to the Type
5 says that to indicate something other than subject or object, suffixes
are used.  But the examples for {-'e'} are for a subject, and then an
object.  (And the hideous grammatical error in one of the examples, {lujpu'
jIH'e'}, shows that he might not have been thinking clearly when writing
this part, but I won't base my argument on that.)  Was this what Nick
Nicholas was trying to get across in his article in the most recent HolQeD?
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level