tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 20 18:30:53 1997

Re: KLBC:my web page.

Qov wrote:
|jeyD wrote:
|}Costume Design,culture,language
|}jecheghmoH, tIghmey, Hol
|
|Just: jechmey, tIghmey, Hol
|works fine.

You might consider {ghob} "ethics" instead of {tIgh}, depending on what you
plan on including.

|}Is this OK??	I am not sure exactly how to use 'jech'. It can either be a
|}verb for diguise or a noun and be costume. So I am not sure if I am using
|}it the best way. It should translate now, to cause your self to be
|}disguised?  If I were to use 'jech' as a noun what would the sentance be?

Don't use it. Ordinary Klingons don't wear costumes, they wear clothes
(Sut) or uniforms (HIp) if in the military.  Klingon *actors* wear costumes
when performing -- like the Kot'baval Festival street musicians on Maranga
IV or (I imagine) opera singers.  Quark, Dax and Grilka wore special
costumes for their holo-suite reenactment of the famous (and romantic)
Defense of Qam-Chee. "Costume" as you want to use it is simply a fancy term
for "clothing" -- particularly exotic, foreign clothing.

Since plural suffixes are optional, I would suggest just {Sut, tIgh, Hol}
for your links.  Simpler, neater, cleaner.  Oh, and don't forget "weapons"
(nuH).

cha' DarSeqwIj...

Voragh

Back to archive top level