tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 20 00:40:55 1997

Okrand's oral rulings re grammar (was: Re: maHagh tlhInganpu')

  <Hereinafter TH = tlhIngan-Hol email group>

 Terrence Donnelly wrote:-
> You're right [that it is not printed in Okrandian script]. ...

  "William H. Martin" <[email protected]> replied:-
> ... these "non-arguments" have been later confirmed by Okrand to be correct
> a LOT more often than they have been proven incorrect. ... {-ghach} ... the
> question word "which" ... comparatives  ... placement of {Hoch} when used to
> modify another noun, and when Okrand made his pronouncement about that, he
> threw in stuff that NOBODY expected ("each" vs. "all"). ...

  [and use of {-'e'} to show the head-word in relative clauses]

  Many people haven't been in TH from the beginning and their jobs don't leave
them the time to wade through TH's WWW archive of old messages, and so they
can only go by the printed books (TKD, KGT, The Klingon Way, etc)  and have no
access to Okrand's original words on matters such as the abovementioned that
aren't in books but only in what he said orally to TH members.
  Can <please> people tell me all Okrand's statements and decisions on <all>
such unprinted matters?. I am willing to undertake the effort of assembling
them into a file "Unprinted Klingon Grammar" and submit it to the pabpo'pu'
for them to see if it is worth them making it public on their WWW site.

Back to archive top level