tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 19 21:08:45 1997

Re: negative numbers

ja' SI'IluD:
>Lastly, I think you could express negative numbers if you use a cartisian
>plane analogy. Negative numbers a simply to the left or below zero.

We could certainly agree on a shared way to talk about negative numbers,
but most of us don't want to *create* usage in tlhIngan Hol.  We engage
in the fantasy that we're studying a living language, and we basically
must wait for research to show us how Klingon mathematicians refer to
negative numbers.

If we presume that "below zero" implies negative value, {yoy} ought to
be a useful term.  But we can't really presume anything like this.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level