tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 20:36:16 1997

Re: mavjop ghItlh wejDIch

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 19:35:29 -0800 (PST) Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' charghwI':
> >I can't read this without any glottal stops. You apparently are
> >using some combination of text tools that filtered out all the
> >glottal stops.
>
> SanDar neH yIpIchQo', jup.  pIch 'ay' Daghajlaw' SoH.

jISaHbe'. jabbI'IDghomvamvaD QIn DalabDI' QInvetlh laDnISlaH
Hoch. There are a wide variety of mail readers in use here.
Using a proprietary protocol with super-ascii (upper
order) characters is simply not cool. I'm sure I'm not the only
person on the list who could not see the characters in question.

> lutDaj jabbI'ID wa'DIch vIleghDI' jIH, <'>mey choHlu'pu',
> 'ach SaHbej.

jISaHbe'. tlhIngan Hol wIjatlhmeH jabbI'IDghomvam wIjeS. ngoq
pegh wIlo'be'.

> One of the components of that combination is on your end, friend.

I don't care. We are hear to speak and discuss Klingon, not to
separate into dialectic groups determined by which proprietary
mail protocols we use. ASCII is ASCII and the characters you
describe are not ASCII.

> When *I* saw the story, all the {'} characters were present, just
> mutated into accented e and i characters.

Dojbe'.

> >It's like trying to rad nglish with all th s rmovd.
>
> tlhIngan Holqoq jatlhbogh Paramount DawI' Qoylu' 'e' rur je. :-)

jIghoHlaHbe'.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level