tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 09:44:20 1997

Re: DOW (was Re: KLBC introducing myself)

In einer eMail vom 17.11.97 00:55:20 MEZ, schreiben Sie:
> Alan Anderson schrieb:
>  > ja' muHwI':
>  > >{rIvSo'} is in German the same word as {QIn}!!!
>  >
>  > The German translation of TKD -- "Das offizielle Woerterbuch" -- seems
>  > to be lacking in precision and detail.  It gives {rIvSo'} as "Botschaft"
>  > with no further explanation.
[...]
>  Well, thanks for telling me.
>  If I had known of these lacks, I would have bought the original English
> edition of TKD...even though, in some cases, I would have to use two
> dictionaries to translate a German word into tlhIngan Hol. :)
>
>  HovqIj

I notice you speak (write) english pretty good. I had the same problem in the
beginning, but I just couldn't wait for the German edition, So I'm learning
Klingon from the English edition :-)
Since I started learning Klingon, I also learned a lot of English (and other
stuff). If I cannot find a word in English which I know in German I don't
look up the translation, because there usually is no "right" translation. Try
to paraphrase the expression into english, and then try to find a word in
Klingon which is almost the same.

muHwI'
IKV Fek'lhr (Trier)
Dark Vengeance Fleet