tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 15 03:48:12 1997

Re: jIyajchoH...

At 10:25 97-11-09 -0800, qoror wrote:
}ghItlh Qermaq
}>Someone (qoror?) described <lu-> as the "whom" of Klingon (i.e. an
}>often-forgotten grammatical technicality)
}
}No, that's in a section of KGT.  I suggested that that might be the reason
}for some mysterious omissions of {lu-} in canon.

I did speculate that the {lu-} prefix was the whom of Klingon: often omitted
without being missed where strict grammar would require it, almost always
left off {tu'lu'}.  I asked MO about this at qep'a' and his answer was
something like "more or less.  That is addressed in KGT."  (That was his
answer to most things.  Very frustrating.  I think he'll time all future
book releases around qep'a'. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level