tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 13 17:57:37 1997

{-lI'} -- An apology

        I have now remembered.  With reference to my string on {-lI'}, my
memory was actually referring to {-ta'}.  In the section on {-ta'} the
wording is much more strong and the only examples are where the subject is
the one with intentions, but I still think what I said about {-lI'} might
apply.  It says on page 41:
        "...when an activity was deliberately undertaken, the implication
being that someone set out to do something and in fact          did it."
        But it does not say specifically that the thing being deliberately
done is the verb to which {-ta'} is attached.  I don't think there would be
any ambiguity in saying {veSDuj nIH HanDogh Qaw'ta' 'otlhpeng.}
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level