tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 13 13:10:18 1997

Re: KLBC naDev jIchu'

ghItlh Qov
> Doneq
> >ghItlh Qov
> >[pe']
> >[pe']
> >> "Why do you leave 'ej out" is a valid question, and the answer is
> >> just, that's the way it seems to be done with the Klingon
> >> imperative. Consider other examples like:
> >
> >imperative? "[...], says one Klingon truthfully." Where does that
> >imperative come from? Kahless dropped it to us from the sky? :) When
> >I wrote the story, I had absolutely no intention of using
> >imperatives. {vIt} means simply "He speaks the truth" here.
>
> I answered only the question "What does {'uSvetlh chop chev} mean?"
> If I attached my answer to the wrong post, or misedited the one I was
> following up to, I apologize for any confusion I caused anyone.

Well, it's not you who changed my sentence into an imperative, but
I'd like to know why the one who *did* mention that {vIt} should be a
separate sentence, and started comparing it with clipped imperatives,
mentioned it. I mean, if everything should be turned into separate
sentences, why do we have the word {'ej} in the first place?  :)

/Doneq
______
bISutlhnISchugh jaghlI' mInDu' tIbej

Back to archive top level