tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 11 14:02:50 1997

Words from 'Kahless'

ghItlh qelayn
>Here are some of the words from the 'Kahless' book that I've bothered to
>translate.
>
>SItaraH         S'tarakh  Large beast used as transport
>mIn'Hor         minn'hor  Large cow-like beast used for food and milk
>SItaraD         Starad  One of Molor's Sons.

I'll let the others comment on why not to transliterate proper names, but I
believe that this "S'tarakh" is a form (possibly an ancient word for) the
sark, a Klingon horselike animal which we *do* have a canon word for --
{Sargh}, or at least the equivalent of one.  (It's definitely a Klingon
mount... it has claws!  Maybe they're like cats' thumbs.)
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level