tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 11 09:49:25 1997

RE: 3 loads of garbage...

[email protected] on behalf of Neal Schermerhorn wrote:
> ghItlh Anthony Appleyard:
>
> >> Without making two sentences of it, is there any way agreed yet of saying
> >> e.g. "I had to take 3 loads of garbage out of the ship in which you
> fled."?
>
> In this case it's possible. A little confusing, but possible.
>
> <wejlogh bIHaw'meH Dujvo' Dalo'ta'bogh veQ vIteqnIS>

I'm not ready to accept that.  You're trying to say "from the ship which you
used in order to flee."  {bIHa'meH} would have to modify {Dalo'ta'bogh}, not
{Dujvo'}.  Then, can you put purpose clauses on relative clauses?  Can you put
relative clauses on Type 5 sffixed nouns?  Then, I don't at all agree with
your placement of {wejlogh}.

This is definitely not an "agreed" upon way.

SuStel
Stardate 97863.8

Back to archive top level