tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 10 16:28:08 1997

Re: web site - DuSaQ vs yejHaD

** Caution - Grammar Zone Ahead **

ja' DloraH:
><qatlh> jIghel'egh

{ghel} means "ask (a question)".  The parenthetical element indicates
to me that the object of this verb is a question.  In order to refer
to the person being asked, I'd use the verb {yu'} "interrogate".  One
might argue that this use of {-'egh} is just an extension of the way
verb prefixes can be warped to point to the recipient of an action,
but I think that would be taking things a bit too far.

In this case, maybe just {jIja'egh} would work, since you're merely
quoting what you said to yourself.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level