tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 07 13:25:35 1997

ST:EXP Transmission

Greetings.

I am forwarding to this list a transcript of a communiqu� sent by the
people of the Las Vegas Hilton's Star Trek: The Experience (tm).  They
have sent this to all Trek enthusiasts who registered for email updates.
The text appears in both Federation Standard (English) and tlhIngan Hol
(Klingon).  The communiqu� transcript follows:

/\/\/\/\/\/\BEGIN TRANSCRIPT/\/\/\/\/\/\

> INCOMING KLINGON TRANSMISSION

**** tlhIngan De' ****

tera' poH jaj wa', jar wa', jaj loSDIch, DIS wa'-Hut-Hut-chorgh:
HovpoHvetlh latlh nab yIHutlh.

laS veghaS HIltonDaq Hov leng: yIjeSchu' qaSchoHmo', bIlopqu'meH HIlton

yIghoS.

tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH loS bIyIn jeSlaHpa' Hoch.

DIvI' 'ejDo' 'entepray'Daq Dajollu'.

loghDaq lupDujHom qoDDaq bIlengtaHvIS, nIbuQbogh novpu' DaSuv.

quwargh tach Qe' je qoDDaq Hov leng Soj DatIv.

jolbogh ghom wa'DIch DamuvlaHmeH De' DaneHchugh, Se'vam yIjIHtaH.

**** STARFLEET TRANSLATION ****

Save this Stardate: Sunday, January 4, 1998

Come Celebrate the Grand Opening of Star Trek: The Experience(tm) at the
Las Vegas Hilton.

> Be the First to Journey to the 24th Century

> Get Beamed Aboard the USS Enterprise

> Battle Menacing Aliens in a Shuttlecraft Journey Through Space

> Enjoy Star Trek Themed Food and Drink at Quark's Bar and Restaurant

Stay tuned for information on how you can be among the first to beam
aboard!

> END TRANSMISSION

www.startrekexp.com sends out regular updates and announcements about
Star Trek: The Experience.

/\/\/\/\/\/\END TRANSCRIPT/\/\/\/\/\/\

Here are some of my notes and thoughts on this:

laS veghaS = Las Vegas
quwargh = Quark
qoD = ??? / qoDDaq = ???
(BTW, I don't have KGT yet, do these appear in KGT?)

I did not understand the Klingon beginning at first, but after comparing
it to the English and consulting TKD, I got it; but I don't think I like
it.  Is that the correct way to refer to a year?
<wa'-Hut-Hut-chorgh> instead of
<wa'SaD Hutvatlh HutmaH chorgh>?

All nit-picking aside, I enjoyed receiving this communiqu� as a Star
Trek fan and as an enthusiast of tlhIngan Hol.  I think the inclusion of
Klingon text in this newsletter update honors the Klingons fans and
linguists, and shows that the warrior's tongue is alive and growing.

Klingon Ambassador,
*Dawut*
[email protected]