tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 15:20:21 1997

RE: Sentence as Object

ghItlh SuStel
>Speaking of Klingon modes of thought, I've always believed that rhetorical

>questions are very un-Klingon.  Questions as objects can begin to make
some
>sense, at the cost of being entirely rhetorical.

There *was* the idiom {nong; vulqangan rur} in KGT, but it said
specifically that that was a lone instance and there was nothing else
resembling it.
Hmm, and there were a few rhetorical questions in TKW, but that wasn't
Okrand's fault; it was the scriptwriters.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level