tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 04 06:56:03 1997

Re: KLBC naDev jIchu'

["Worf and Gowron. We're Klingons," says one Klingon truthfully.]

ja' charghwI':
><wo'rIv ghawran je. tlhIngan maH!> ja' wa' tlhIngan 'ej vIt.

Remembering {DeSvetlh chop chev}, I'd add a sentence and lose a word:
<...> ja wa' tlhIngan; vIt.

>I don't know that you could consider a direct quote to be a
>truth. It may be a truthful statement, but it is not, in and of
>itself a truth to be told. I could be wrong on this, but it just
>doesn't feel right to pack a quotation into that definition.

I'm willing to accept many words as verbs of saying.  English
certainly permits one to get creative when quoting someone:
  One of them barked, "Bring him."
  "It wasn't me," I lied.
  She spat out, "Leave.  Now."
  "That used to be *my* gold mine!" he exclaimed.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level