tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 02 19:40:37 1997

RE: plans

[email protected] on behalf of Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> [...] Rather, it is two
> sentences, the first being a question, even as you say, but a rhetorical
> one: "Whom did you see?  I don't know that." [...]
> THIS is the use that Qanqor espouses, and I rather like it myself.  I don't
> recall SuStel's position,

I'm against it, though I certainly don't deny that it's possible.  Rhetorical
questions just seem so un-Klingon to me!  Especially when you can recast into
a command.

> [...] I'm not sure recasting will be general enough, but it remains to be
seen.

And Okrand's told us that Maltz hasn't shed any light on the question as
object debate yet.

SuStel
Stardate 97839.2

Back to archive top level