tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 30 09:58:33 1997

Re: jajlo'

According to [email protected]:

> In a message dated 97-05-29 15:29:29 EDT, yn Sstewart:
>
> << bIQ muv
>  tlhIlmey.   >>
>
> from Robin Stewart
>
> Since the above has a plural subject and a singular object, the verb needs
> the prefix lu-, producing {lumuv}
>
> However, since {muv} means "join" as in "enroll, enlist," I suggest
> substituting in {rar} here for "being connected with/to."
>
> peHruS

Lacking greater context (I need to find that original message),
I'm not exactly sure what Qov intended. I do wonder why you
assume that {muv} means "enroll, enlist". In all of my
dictionaries, it just says, "join". I don't note any canon
usage, either, so it is hard to argue with Qov's useage.

Meanwhile, other verbs come to mind, simply for consideration,
not as some assumption that I know what she meant more than she
does: DuD, 'el, mojlaw', ngoS...

charghwI'

Back to archive top level