tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 30 09:14:44 1997

Re: jajlo'

lab peHruS
>In a message dated 97-05-29 15:29:29 EDT, Robyn Stewart:

<< bIQ muv tlhIlmey. >>

>Since the above has a plural subject and a singular object, the verb
>needs the prefix lu-, producing {lumuv}

bIlughba'.  HIvqa' veqlargh. QaghmeywIj tISamtaH.

>However, since {muv} means "join" as in "enroll, enlist," I suggest
>substituting in {rar} here for "being connected with/to."

The idea of the minerals being recruited by and enlisting in the body
of water was exactly the one I was trying to express. Not a mere
connection, but full dissolution. Note that muv is not restricted to
the meaning associated with joining an organization, because it is
the root word of muvwI', a suture or wound sealer of some sort.
And anyway, rar means "connect," not "be connected to."  The minerals
don't connect the water, they become part of it.

'ach "nuq lurarlaH tlhIlmey?" vIqeltaHvIS lutHom qech chu'
vISovchoHpu' ...

-Qov

Back to archive top level