tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 28 23:36:03 1997

Re: Religon Klingon style

<Is there a Klingon Religion? Are there such things as Klingon monks? If
there
<is a Klingon religion, would it involve sacrfices? I ask these because I've
<never seen a Klingon pray.

  Actually there was an episode that showed Klingon religion.  THe episode
where Kahless returns.  There alse seamed to be Klingon monks (or at least
clerics) in it.
 In the show the 'religion' was portrayed as being very shamanic in nature.
 Fasting, sitting by a fire, having visions.  There were hints of this
before, the 'poison tea' episode in the second season leaps to mind.  This
theory also fits in with the no-gods aspect of klingons as well.
                                                              Lt. nujval

Back to archive top level