tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 28 12:05:12 1997

KLBC: Sufix #9 ghach

> > And about the Suffix #9 << ghach >> wich is not so clear for me yet.
> > I want to say an imperative order:  Keep the conection!
> > Can I say: rarghach yIpol  ?
>
> Well, if you've got it, I refer you to HolQeD 3:3 and 3:4, which discuss much
> on {-ghach}.  If you don't have it (is there a section of the FAQ on this?),
> the short answer is that {-ghach} will turn a verb into a noun, but if you
> don't have some other verbal suffix between the verb and {-ghach}, your
> language will sound very marked.  Klingons hearing {rolghach} will understand
> it, but will look at you like you've got three heads.

	Is it in Gramarian Desk of Capt. Krankor (pg 69-81)?
        I took a look there, but I still having some doubts. How can I say:

	The virtue and knowledge walk together. (Socrates)
	(tay' yIt ghob SovtaHghach je)(?)   I'm not sure about SovtaHghach, Sovghach or
				            anything else!  :(

	or as he said:
	"Did you receive his payment"?

--
Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca  ||  Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil
PAU BRASIL, a Home Page do VGA Planets:

Back to archive top level