tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 27 20:31:02 1997

KLBC: More "originality" (wejpuH)

Any corrections are greatly appreciated...

I can't remember the exact wording of the phrase, but it was well known as
a post-sex cliche question... something like "Did you feel the earth
move?", but I thought it would make an excellent bit of Klingon bed humor:

"Did you feel the earth move?"
<<bIQompu''a' ?>> (Literally: Did you experience an earthquake?)

Also, an old favorite:

"Not tonight, I have a headache"
<<ramvambe', jIwuQ>>

I've been meaning to try and make it more specific by using:

"Not tonight because I have a headache", but somehow I've hit a problem as
-mo' (because of/due to) would be ideal for the situation, but alas it is
for nouns instead of verbs...

As well as that, I've been having problems with a two line dialogue. The
word "owe" apparently is not a recognized word in tlhIngan Hol, so I'm
using something on the lines of "I'm willing to die for you" for the lack
of a better alternative to "I owe you one" in the following dialogue,
thus:

"Thanks, I owe you one."
"You owe me six, but who's counting?"

(If anyone can translate this directly, I'd appreciate this!), For now
I've resorted to the following:

"Thanks, I am willing to die for you."
"You now are willing to die for me six times, but who is counting?"

(Sounds crap huh?)

Translation of latter (as best as I could):

<<qatlho'. SoHvaD jIheghqang 'ej>>
<<DaH javlogh jIHvaD bIheghqang 'ach togh 'Iv?>>

(That may need severe work...)

Also, with regard to my previous masterpiece phrase (which has been
graciously edited):

<<qablIj vIghorqu' betleHwIj qaHotchugh jay'>>

Which word of the sentence is "jay'" actually emphasizing as the
invective? Would it be "qablIj", ie... "... I *break* your %@#$ face!" ?
to quote the final part of the translation?

qatlho', Qapla' 'ej.

PS: BTW, Is there a word for spit/sputum or "to spit"? I wanted to add a
little humor to my Klingon with a phrase like "Pardon my spit" or "I'm
sorry, It appears I've (been spitting/spat while I spoke)" etc.?

Q'ISto'va
Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire
E-Mail: [email protected]
Hovjaj: 97403.48