tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 21:56:11 1997

Re: Klingon Anthem

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Marian Schwartz wrote:

> mujang ~mark
> >>By the way, what exactly are "attitude-control thrusters"?  They're in TKD.
> >
> >Er, thrusters that control the attitude of the ship?
> >

> I had always been confused by the word "attitude," and wondered if it was a
> misprint of "altitude--" I mean, the way a ship is pointing isn't the first
> concept that comes to mind with the word "attitude--" or indeed the second.

I disagree on this... the attitude for a starship indicate its present
directional condition of the vessel. The control thrusters are what allow
the ship to be rotated and spun to align itself with new course settings,
eg. 135 mark 42. The main controls are for yaw, pitch and roll. I hope
this helps..

Q'ISto'va
Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire
E-Mail: [email protected]