tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 18:10:54 1997

RE: Practicing...

jatlh ghunchu'wI':

> I don't own a copy of the videotape, but Star Trek VI was shown on TV
> yesterday and I was specifically thinking about this topic and waiting
> for the scene while I watched it.  I am reasonably certain I did not
> leave the room or fall asleep once the Chancellor's party beamed onto
> the Enterprise, but I never saw the {QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn
> qaq puS} scene.  It (and a few others) seem to have been excised...
> such as the ones where Rene Aberjonois' face appeared, oddly enough.

The original release of Star Trek VI had several scenes cut, including the
Klingon war council (I believe), the whole Colonel West bit (which I always
thought was very Scooby Doo-like), and the scene where Spock, Scotty, and
Valeris are talking (you know, where Scotty says (excuse me) "I bet that
Klingon bitch killed her father!")  They were added back in for the videotape
release.  This is not a "director's cut" per se.  I can see why they used the
cut version for TV!

DaQtIq can tell you: I know my videotapes!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level