tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 25 23:28:09 1997

Re: law'/puS

tlhob qoror:
>	Is it possible to put Type 9 verb suffixes in law' and puS in their
>copulative formation?

I assume you mean their *comparitive* formation.  I'd have to say no.
They aren't being used quite like your average Klingon verb when they
provide the framework for the {A Q law' B Q puS} formula.  It's almost
as if they're being used adjectivally, which would automatically rule
out non-rover suffixes anyway.

What do you want to say?  In most cases, I'd imagine breaking it into
one comparitive sentence followed by a sentence with an appropriate verb
such as {qaS} or {teH} in a subordinate clause could do what you want.

Qa' 'ugh law' ghaH 'ugh puS.  teHchugh ngoDvetlh ghaH wImeQbej!

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level