tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 25 07:33:58 1997

Help (& please do not spam me for this)

My problem (please bear with me):
+ My best friend is getting married in October & I am the best man
+ He is a fairly dedicated trekkor as well as a novice Klingon
  language enthusiast (has the beginner book and an audio tape)
+ My "toast" at the reception will incldue an Italian
  saying/blessing as well as a Gaelic one.
+ Recognizng his enthusiasm (and as a decent fan myself) I think
  that a Klingon saying should be incorporated as well
+ I know maybe four words in Klingon

Why should you consider helping me:
+ If you don't I'll try it anyway.  I'll by the book and do my best
  but may end up dishonoring the lanaguage(which none of us want)
+ I'll at least introduce the language to 200+ people
+ It would be the honorable thing to do
+ If you all can't/won't help I don't know who would/could

So could you help me with:
+ A 5 to 12 word saying appropriate for a wedding (I undestand
  full well that it can't be schmaltzy or be about "sweet love",
  but if extreme references to smashing enemies or something like
  that could be avoided, that might work better)
+ I'll need the english and Klingon translations with phonetic
  pronunciation help (& if possible an idea on how to get it into
  the Klingon character set- I know there's a font out there)

Thank you for you patience and, in advance, for you help.

Back to archive top level