tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 24 21:15:02 1997

RE: Treasure Island

jatlh qoror:

> 	"Gentlemen of virture never turn back."
> 	"Qu'chajvo' not tlhe' ghob SuvwI'pu'."

Actually, I've always been quite concerned about the correct use of {tlhe'}.
Does the subject change his position, or does he cause something else to
change its position?  Can it be used, as it is in English, to refer to
changing your focus, as in "He turned to me and said . . ."?  This is how
you're using it now, and I've done it in the past, but would it be done that
way by a Klingon?

We do have a known proverb which says virtually the same thing this quote from
Treasure Island does.

not jegh tlhInganpu'.

--
SuStel