tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 22 16:22:43 1997

Re: Back from Dover

SuSvaj wrote:

> Camp Dover Peace Conference? not pongvetlh vIQoy.  nuq 'oH wanI'vetlh'e'?
> Hov leng qep 'oH'a'?

The Camp Dover Peace Conference is a relatively small, fan-club run
convention held each April in New Philadelphia Ohio.  Started six years
ago by Joe Manning (commander of the IKV Doomslayer, then a KAG ship and
now with the Khomerex Attack Fleet), it was originally going to be a
sit-down meal for some of Joe's out-of-town friends.  It grew out of
that almost immediately.  Now it's one of the major "gotta be there"
events for Klingons in the Ohio River valley and surrounding areas.

I've attended for the last three years and enjoyed myself.  I look at
Camp Dover as more a relaxing party than a con I have to be "on" for.  I
admit it: I'm a schmoozer.  I'd rather sit and talk, and Dover is one
event where we all get to see distant friends.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD qhojwI'

[email protected]