tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 21 08:56:20 1997

Re: qep'a' loSDIch

ghItlh Lawrence:
>If you're still waffling about whether or not to attend the qep'a' the
>best advice I can give you is to talk to some of the folks who have been
>there in years past.  If you don't know any firsthand, post a query to
>the mailing list, I think it would make for interesting discussion.

I've been to <qep'a'mey cha'DIch wejDIch je> and each time I noticed a
real quantum leap in my language abilities. For some reason, being there,
hearing it spoken and speaking it myself causes something to gel in my
mind (yummy metaphor, huh?). It is the closest we come to being immersed
in the language and culture.

Besides that, it's great fun! For five days a year we can behave like
real Klingons and enjoy the company of other Klingons. We eat, drink,
sing, celebrate and scare innocent bystanders. What's not to like?

jatlhwI'pu'na'vaD jIjatlh:
tugh maghomqa'mo' jISeychoH. tlhIngan Hol neH vIlo' vIneHtaHvIS,
qaStaHvIS qep'a', taghwI'pu' wItungHa'nIS. rut jeQHa'bogh taghwI'pu'
wIghIjlaw'. vaj rut DIvI' Hol wIlo'nIS. Do'Ha' 'ach po'wI' law'moHmeH,
taghwI'pu' wIjatlhvIpbe'moH.

tlhIngan Hol neH wIjatlhmeH, yap je poH.

- DaQtIq

Back to archive top level