tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 19 08:17:42 1997

Re: KLBC from Dan Krivit

Thanks.  I have to get my computer set up at home because our sysadm is not
way too happy with me getting tons of Klingon mail at home.  I'll send a
message to you as soon as that happens (hopefully by June 1)

Thanks,

ruby

----------
> From: David Trimboli <[email protected]>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
> Subject: KLBC from Dan Krivit
> Date: Saturday, May 17, 1997 11:30 AM
>
> [email protected] on behalf of Dan Krivit wrote:
> > Is there any help out there for brand new Klingon language learners?
I'm
> > not all that good at learning languages (I got through college French
and
> > ASL) but I'm willing to try.
>
> Yes, indeed there is!  I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  My
job
> is to help out newcomers and others who need my help.  If you've got a
> question, or just want to chat at a beginners' level, just put "KLBC" on
the
> front of your subject line.  This stands for "Klingon Language Beginners'

> *something*." ("Corner"?  "Conference"?  "Club"?  No one seems to
remember,
> and it was created before I'd joined the list.)  This will get my
attention to
> read it, and it is also a signpost meaning, "Don't answer anything about
the
> grammar until the BG has already done so."  That way, the beginner is not

> confused by lots of conflicting advice.
>
> If you have not done so already, visit the following web sites:
>
> The Klingon Language Institute
> http://www.kli.org
>
> this list's FAQ:
> http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm