tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 17 08:25:10 1997

KLBC from Dan Krivit

[email protected] on behalf of Dan Krivit wrote:
> Is there any help out there for brand new Klingon language learners?  I'm
> not all that good at learning languages (I got through college French and
> ASL) but I'm willing to try.

Yes, indeed there is!  I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  My job
is to help out newcomers and others who need my help.  If you've got a
question, or just want to chat at a beginners' level, just put "KLBC" on the
front of your subject line.  This stands for "Klingon Language Beginners'
*something*." ("Corner"?  "Conference"?  "Club"?  No one seems to remember,
and it was created before I'd joined the list.)  This will get my attention to
read it, and it is also a signpost meaning, "Don't answer anything about the
grammar until the BG has already done so."  That way, the beginner is not
confused by lots of conflicting advice.

If you have not done so already, visit the following web sites:

The Klingon Language Institute
http://www.kli.org

this list's FAQ:
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm