tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 17 21:28:46 1997

vIttlheghmey: was Dream Proverb

ghItlh qoror

> |might have been 3) sprawling to the floor.  I was excited and I was
trying to
> |think of some appropriate Klingon proverb to shout out.  I got beaten,
though,
> |but I formulated a proverb in my head that at the time I had thought was
in TKW.
> |It is:  "not Hegh tIq."  I probably made it up from PK, "not mev
peghmey."

As long as we are on the topic of made up proverbs, I always thought that
the Addams Family Credo of "Sic Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc", (We
gladly feast on those who would subdue us.) cried out for Klingon.  My
rendition would be:

			nuchargh 'e' neHbogh nuvpu' wISopqu'mo' mabel.
SuSvaj

Back to archive top level