tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 13 14:13:12 1997

Re: KLBC: tlhIngan bom

> "fonseca"vaD jang qoror:

	naDev Edy

> >>I'm looking for a klingon songs

> >By the way, I think the poem "wamwI'" (jatmey 2), fitted to music, would be
> >great.  Great beat, and about the right length.  I think it's the best bit of
> >Klingon poetry there is.
>
> <ack!> ch-ch-choquvqu'moH!
>
> But for *children*?!? If it were a male voice choir i could understand...

	If we want to expand the klingon language in all world, one of most
important points (in my opinion) are the children. They learn very quickly and
most of times they are very curious with the things. The music are one of the best
ways of learning, and I think I can give my contibution here.  The children are
an opened book learning ev'rything round them .. why not klingon?

	Our choirs (all kind) sing in different languages: portuguese (of course),
english, germany, latin, french, spanish etc. Klingon is quite different, but we can
do it. We can sing stories/adventures of klingons through the space, the conquer and
the victories. Most of children love their heros and the klingons can be one of
them!

	Some time ago, someone wrote that he was teaching klingon to his son and
his child was understing ev'rything. Of course .. the children learns ev'rything
you teach them. It's absolutely natural. Neither a surprize nor unbelieveble.
If you teach klingon to children, they will learn klingon and will speak klingon
each other quite natural.

> I've got a children's story in my head but not yet recorded. 'oHvaD
> <bortaS chav wej targh mach> vIpong. If i can fit it into rhyme and
> meter, i'll post it. (Well, i'll post it even if i can't)

	It's very interesting too. When you finished it, please, send it to me.

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil

Back to archive top level