tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 21:32:25 1997

KLBC One of my first tanslations

SuvwI'pu':

	I'm really having a lot of trouble with my grammar, and I'm trying to
learn by translating stuff. A few days ago, I went into a little project of
translating a few sentences from spanish to Klingon, and this is what I
got. I know errors will appear everywhere in text, but, that's what we are
all here for. I will gratefully accept any corrections you can send me.

===First, the original translation from spanish to english:

Laws for question-answering, written by Claudia.

1)  Be aware of what happens in the world, no let yourself be manipulated
by the press' opinion, be objective, not subjective on what you say. Error
#1: speak a lot and say very little.

2)  You have to be calm and relaxed, think that you're talking to someone
you know, withouth losing the respect for them, defend your ideas, give
opinions "in favor" and "against" {sp: d� pros y contras} the situation
you're proposing, be critic but have an open mind and offer solutions.

3)  Don't answer anything you don't know, and the most important thing:
ONLY ANSWER WHAT YOU'RE ASKED.

===Then, the "adaptation" for klingon translation form english. I had to
analyze throughly some of the concepts, like "objectiveness", "feelings",
"critic". Check them out:

Laws to answer the questionings, written by Claudia for me

1)  You need to know the things happening on Earth, don't allow your ideas
to be influenced by the opinions of any other peoples, while you speak
don't listen to the voices of your soul {be objective, feelings}. Error #1:
while you say many trivial words you say no important ideas.

2)  You need to be calm and you need to be relaxed, you need to think you
are speaking with someone you have already met for the first time, you
clearly have to respect them!, you must defend your ideas!, say things with
the intention that they defend and/our attack your words, protect your
ideas {critic} but be prepared for opening your mind yu new ideas and be
ready to answer new problems.

3)  Don't answer what you don't know and the most important thing of all,
ONLY ANSWER THOSE THINGS THEY ASK YOU!

===Finally, my Klingon translation. Again, I know it's full of mistakes.
That's why I'm posting it. For you people to correct it and for me to
learn:

yu'ghachmey Dajang chutmey, jIHvaD ghItlhta' tlhaw'DIya

1)  tera'Daq qaStaH Doch 'e' DaSovnIS, qechmeylIj SIgh vay'pu' vuDmey 'e'
Dachaw'Qo', bIjatlhtaHvIS qa'HotghachlIj DaqImQo'. Qagh wa': mu' ram law'
bIjatlhtaHvIS qech potlh bIjatlhbe'.

2)  bIjotnIS 'ej bIleSnIS, SoH DuqImlu'ta' Dajatlh DaQubnIS, tIvuvchu',
qechmeylIj tIHub, mu'meylIjvaD HIv qoj Hub 'e' Dochmey Dajatlh, vuDlIj
bIQan 'ach qechmeyvaD chu' yablIj bIpoSmoHrup 'ej sengmey chu' bIjangrup.

3)  SoH DaSovbe' Dochmey 'e' DajangQo' 'ej Doch potlh law' Hoch potlh puS:
neH Dochmeyvetlh nItlhobbogh 'e' tIjangqu'.

Please, help me with it, I will like to know what did I miss. Qapla'!

Rolando Coto.
[email protected]

Back to archive top level