tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 12:00:11 1997

Re: KLBC: 'uQpa'

Alan Anderson wrote:

> ja' SuStel:
>
> >> Not necessarily a riddle, but, I
> >> think, a good question - word:
> >> "I ask you a question" = "I send you on a quest to find information."
> >
> >Now you've got a good idea!  It's still mired in nouns (see all those
> >prepositions?), but it's got potential.  We could recast this just slightly,
> >as follows:
> >
> >I command you in order that you find information.
>
> Or we could just say "I ask you a question" = "I interrogate you" and use
> the extremely simple Klingon verb {yu'}.  Recasting sometimes works as well
> or better when the vocabulary is adjusted more than the grammar.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'
I think I understand what you are going for here - but the basic thought
is lost: I was looking for a way to say "riddle" in tlhIngan Hol.  I do
not feel that "interrogation" = "riddle-ing".

I am away from my materials, so I can't do it in tlhIngan Hol, but how
about a word for a "word-problem."

"I ask you a question about a word-problem and the answer is another
word."

Back to archive top level