tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 11 17:45:14 1997

RE: KLBC: 'uQpa'

ja' SuStel:

>> Not necessarily a riddle, but, I
>> think, a good question - word:
>> "I ask you a question" = "I send you on a quest to find information."
>
>Now you've got a good idea!  It's still mired in nouns (see all those
>prepositions?), but it's got potential.  We could recast this just slightly,
>as follows:
>
>I command you in order that you find information.

Or we could just say "I ask you a question" = "I interrogate you" and use
the extremely simple Klingon verb {yu'}.  Recasting sometimes works as well
or better when the vocabulary is adjusted more than the grammar.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level