tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 11 21:13:31 1997

RE: KLBC: My first post

jIjatlhpu':

> >'oH vIQoy jIH.
> >I hear it.
> >
> >Note that you can drop unneeded pronouns.  {vI-} is a pretty clear pronoun,
> >and if I simply said {vIQoy}, the subject *has* to be plural, so you can
drop
> >the {jIH}.  You may not want to drop the object pronoun, depending on how
> >clear your context is.

Whoops!  That should have been, "and if I simply said {vIQoy}, the subject
*has* to be first-person singular, so you can drop the {jIH}.  Thanks to
ghunchu'wI' for pointing this out to me.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level