tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 07 22:00:15 1997

Re: vaj KLBC

In a message dated 97-05-07 22:24:04 EDT, SuStel answers peHruS:

<< What, to you, is the difference between "dining room" and "banquet hall"
that
 one and not the other should correspond to a particular Klingon phrase?
 Formality?  What makes {'uQpa'} more formal than {Sojpa'}?  Something else?

What if we discover from MO that {Sojpa'} actually means "pantry"?  Of
course, until he says so, I won't claim that it could only mean "pantry."  I
am merely stating that I had thought some time back about using {'uQpa'} for
"dining room."  Personally, I still like it.

peHruS

Back to archive top level