tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 07 16:01:36 1997

Re: KLBC: epitets and invectives

ghItlh fonseca
>There is a approximated translation for the epitets and
>Klingon invectives, as shit, hell, my goodness, f*** etc for:
>Qu'vatlh, toDSaH, ghuy'cha' and the other ones in Addendum (pg 178)?
>
>I think it's quite impossible to insult in other language, or it doesn't
>have the same power, but it's really interesting when I do it in Klingon.

Why go to the extent of translating them?  Klingon curses have their own level
of meaning.  Granted that English is also fairly rich in curses, but you can't
just say that things like toDSaH and QI'yaH mean specific words.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level