tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 07 05:37:31 1997

Re: loQ ... -be' (was: RE: KLBC: Conversational Klingon)

ghItlh SuStel
>... {loQ} is an adverbial which is used to modify verbs, not nouns.  If it went
in front of {yajbe'},
>we'd get {loQ yajbe'} "slightly does not understand."  This is not what we
want...

It's always been my idea to use that formation to mean "nearly."  After all,
"nearly" is a word of the same genre of the limited assortment of adverbs in
TKD, but it isn't there.
If you want to say you just -almost-; just but not quite; did it, you can add
{neH.}  It's the same type as "So you didn't win the battle?"  "Yeah... but just
barely."
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level