tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 05 18:16:49 1997

Re: KLBC: epitets and invectives

>Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 07:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
>From: fonseca <[email protected]>
>
>There is a approximated translation for the epitets and
>Klingon invectives, as shit, hell, my goodness, f*** etc for:
>Qu'vatlh, toDSaH, ghuy'cha' and the other ones in Addendum (pg 178)?
>
>I think it's quite impossible to insult in other language, or it doesn't
>have the same power, but it's really interesting when I do it in Klingon.

No, we don't have good translations for those words; Okrand was
deliberately very vague.  See my article in HolQeD 3:1 for some musings,
and I think someone was working on a web page that incorporated my comments
as well as analyzing the recorded uses of  the words in Paramount
productions.

~mark

Back to archive top level