tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 04 07:38:11 1997

"Soldiers of the Empire"

	I, along with many others I believe, paid close attention to the episode
"Soldiers of the Empire last night," and it held just what we were (I think)
looking for.  Unfortunately, we didn't, as I suggested, learn what a Dahar
master is, but there were some other things I'll list here.  (There's some stuff
I'm not sure about; maybe if someone taped the episode we can clear it up.)

	1)  One strange thing was that Dax, who was along, said to one insulting
Klingon, "On this voyage, my bed will be as empty as yours, (this is what I
recall) but my bed will be empty by -choice,-" and they all laughed.  Laughter
at something funny to us??  Maybe they've associated with the Federation too
long, though it doesn't seem like it.

	2)  There's some dish called "stewed bak'lat liver."  It might be
"bak'rat," but that's all I remember.  No real info on it, except that bloodwine
can make it less bland.

	3)  To my best guess, "To'vad Dok" is a moment when your thoughts are
completely open to another, and a very special moment.

	4)  Then, "mak'ta'" means "Energize," or maybe "Warp speed."  Maybe it's
like "targhlIj yIngagh yIruch" and "'uSDaj chop chev," where two verbs are put
back to back.  If "mak" is some dialect word for "energize," then maybe it's
Clipped and "ta'" is acting like "ruch."

	5)  This doesn't have much to do with tlhIngan Hol, but it is important
to the series:  Worf is invited to and does enter the House of Martok, Mogh not
recognized by the Empire formally.

	Those of you sharper than most will remember that there's something I
left out:  The Imperial Anthem is sung -twice-.  A good number of people are
singing it in both cases, but Worf's voice is the loudest and is very clear.
But I can't remember something that long very well.  On that note, I really wish
someone -has- taped it.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level