tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 31 18:39:01 1997

Re: Another Question

nuQum mIqIraH:
|jatlh ChuckGOP:
|> Also, in a DS-9 episode Worf refers to Kor (John Colicos) as a "Dahar(?)
|> Master"; is this a form of Klingon martial arts? Is it spelled right?
|
|Nobody knows what a Dahar Master is, and it has no transliteration into
|{tlhIngan Hol} as of yet.

Nobody, that is, but Paramount (and anyone else with access to their
"Klingon Database" on the official Paramount-sponsored Star Trek Continuum
website on MSN):

   Dahar Master
   A respected Klingon title of combat skill and acumen (pronounced
   "dah-HAWRR"), otherwise undetailed. It was learned by Kor -- and
   possibly Koloth and Kang as well. (Reference: Blood Oath)

"Dahar" thus seems to be another Klingon martial art--in addition to
moQbara' (Mok'bara) and what Okrand calls tonSaw' ("Klingon fighting"),
whatever that is. If you *really* want to refer to it in tlhIngan Hol, I
imagine *DaHar would do.

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level