tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 31 12:19:26 1997

Probable-Possible

>From _The Klingon Child's Mother Goose_:

	targh qIj vIghaj
	*ghaytan-qIt* 'oH pongDaj'e'
	reH wa'Hu' wa'leS je neH wamlaw'
	not DaHjaj wambej QaplaHbe'mo'

[Those who know _The Space Child's Mother Goose_ will recognize my
addition to the canon of translations of

	Probable-Possible, my black hen,
	Lays her eggs in the Relative When.
	She doesn't lay eggs in the Positive Now
	Because she's unable to postulate how.

If you feel like complaining about the translation, first go look at the ones
published in the book. Offhand, I believe there are German, French,
Swahili*, Chinese*, Ancient Greek*, and (fake?) Egyptian hieroglyphs.
 * Back-translation into English also provided, I think.]

     marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcmdr. Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps -- Death to Litterbugs!
**              Mark A. Mandel : [email protected]             **
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02160, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
          Personal home page: http://world.std.com/~mam/

Back to archive top level