tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 24 15:02:45 1997

RE: KLBC Dax & nuq Hech jIH

jatlh qoror:

> ghItlh SuStel
> >Remember, {nuqneH} is NOT "hello."

> I don't know who wrote the remarks in the back of "Hamlet, QonoS ta' puqloD"
and
> the introduction (tlhaQqu'!), but he really simplified things for me in the
> remarks when he said that "nuqneH" is very close to "What's up?"  That's how
> usually use it as. (ghaH 'Iv 'e' Sov'a' vay?  HIja'neS.)  --qoror

Remember, Hamlet and the rest of the KSRP are NOT canon.  Hamlet, for example,
has {Hoch} always follow the noun it's modifying, not precede it.  Some of
those who worked on Hamlet are of the camp that says that {nuqneH} is about
the same as "What's up?"  This does not make it correct.  It also doesn't make
it wrong.  But it is not evidence either way.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level